We are unable to currently accept any Travel Vaccination forms due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. We apologise for any inconvenience.
If you are planning a holiday it is very important that you allow plenty of time for any vaccinations you require. We recommend that you allow at least 8 weeks before your travel date so that we have time to assess your travel needs, book you the required appointments and ensure that you are fully covered BEFORE your travel commences.
- Print out the travel form and hand in to Reception - Please note we need a MINIMUM of 6 weeks notice to book travel vaccination appointments.
- The Travel Health Nurse will assess your travel needs, (this usually takes up to a week)
- Appointments will then be arranged with one of the practice nurses for any vaccinations or prescriptions that you may require. For instance, you may need a prescription for malaria tablets; the nurse will arrange this.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below:
Your appointment needs to be at least 2 weeks before you travel to allow the vaccines to work.
Please note at this moment in time we are not able to offer complex travel appointments. We also need a minimum of 6 weeks notice to book appointments. Please give us one week to process the form and if you have not heard from a the practice after this week then call our receptionist to see if we are able to make you an appointment.
Download the travel form here
When planning a holiday remember
- Adequate health advice is critical - malaria still kills a lot of travellers
- Adequate holiday insurance is critical
- Water from taps abroad may not be safe to drink
- Many places in the world carry risks from terrorism, etc, check on the Foreign Office Website (know before you go)
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European Union website.